Wednesday 19 March 2008

LIKE COLOURED SHADOWS

All this talk about the 50's has awoken in me thoughts of times long gone by. As a lot of you know, ten years ago I wrote a lengthy but concise history of my family. This was done mainly for my children and any grandchildren I might have. When my darling mother died, all our family history and stories funny, herioc, and sad, died with her. Being the eldest child most of it was only known to me, and there was a lot that I didn't know either. I thought this such a waste, that I decided to write our family history, warts and all , so that this didn't happen to my children when I died. All of my siblings have a copy of my book, but I'm sad to say that a lot of them haven't read it! This is a great shame because it's not my autobiography, but the history of their family, and loaded with tales that they have never heard before. It's with this in mind, I wondered, if I wrote an abridged version in a series of blogs, whether they, or anyone else, would be interested enough to read it. It's not just the 50's , but starts at the beginning of the 30's and continues right up to 1998.
I have no desire to bore any one, and will only do this if people want me to.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 19 March 2008 at 10:12 , Blogger Babs (Beetle) said...

I think it would be a good idea :O)
I will definitely read it.

 
At 19 March 2008 at 10:13 , Blogger Gary said...

Well I flippin' well read it from cover to cover. I couldn't put it down! I shall definitely be reading it again at some point. :0)

 
At 19 March 2008 at 10:21 , Blogger weechuff said...

I read it from beginning to end, and loved every bit of it. I would love you to blog about it, and I will have the pleasure of reading it again that way:0)

 
At 19 March 2008 at 11:10 , Blogger Jeanette Spain said...

I am not a sibbling but would read it in your blogs Leeta, go for it.
Jeanette Spain

 
At 19 March 2008 at 11:13 , Blogger granny grimble said...

Ok I'll give it a go. I don't want to step on Babs' toes though. She will be twenty years ahead of me, as mine starts at the beginning of the 30's and Babs wasn't born till nineteen forty hrrrrmph hrrrrmph !

 
At 19 March 2008 at 17:23 , Blogger Croom said...

Sorry I am late in commenting Leeta, due to so much work I have taken on at the moment. :O)

I have read half your book and somehow it got loaned to Leeta BUT I shall go back to it. I shall now ask for it back :O)
Tina

 
At 23 March 2008 at 13:18 , Blogger GoldAnne said...

so looking forward to this leeta
love anne xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home